A native of Osceola, Arkansas, Paul Billings attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, graduating with a B.A. in 1981 and a J.D. in 1984. From 1984 to 2002, Paul practiced law with two large Memphis firms, Wildman Harrold Allen Dixon & McDonnell and Glankler Brown. Since 2002, Paul has worked as a solo and small firm attorney, primarily advising and assisting small businesses and individuals.
Paul is licensed by the Tennessee Supreme Court, and is admitted to practice in U.S. District Courts in the Western and Eastern Districts of Tennessee and the Eastern District of Arkansas.
Over 34 years of experience helping individuals and small and medium sized businesses in the Memphis, Tennessee area solve their legal problems and grow their businesses. Routinely acts as corporate counsel for a number of Memphis businesses.
Paul Billings' clients:
Radians - Founded in 1997, with officewarehouses in Bartlett, TN, Grand Rapids, MI & Sparks, NV, Radians manufactures and sells eyewear, hearing protection, hard hats, footwear, gloves, and flashlights under the Radians, DeWalt, Black & Decker & Remington brands.
The Memphis Daily News - Started in 1886 as the Daily Abstract of Transfers, and now published every business day, The Daily News offers the most comprehensive information on construction, real estate, the courts, and local business activity, all drawn each day from public records. This data includes lawsuits, court actions, business licenses, tax liens, marriage licenses, corporate charters, building permits, deeds, foreclosures, bankruptcies, new utility connections, and more.
Mid-South Pulmonary Specialists - Founded in 1992, MSPS is a group of physicians specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the respiratory system. MSPS physicians are on staff at St. Francis Bartlett, Baptist Hospital East, and all the Memphis area Methodist hospitals.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Business Disputes
- General Corporate Representation
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant Matters
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: National Moot Court Team
- Vanderbilt University
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: National Honor Society
- Honors: Kappa Alpha Fraternity
- Major: History
- Major: Business Administration
- The Memphis Daily News
- Mid-South Pulmonary Specialists
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Rated
Past Employment Positions
- Castle & Billings, PLC, Partner, 2002 to 2007
- Castle & Billings, PLC, Member, 2002 to 2007
- Glankler Brown, PLLC, Partner